Benefits and Rewards from becoming a foster parent
1. A sense of purpose and fulfillment as you establish a nurturing relationship.
2. You receive one of the highest and most generous, monthly non-taxable income in the region.
3. Eligible to participate in the Ambassador Parent program with opportunity for additional compensation of up to $450 for each parent referral.
4. Personal health coach and nutritionist and access to an occupational therapist for you or the family.
5. Eligible for special funding for the educational and recreational enrichment.
6. Financial management and support.
7. Family counseling and social support.
8. An attentive Counselor and Child-Parent Advocate who will visit regularly, provide counseling and resources for the care of the child.
9. Pre-certification training and continuing education following certification.
10. Resources and referrals for assistance with food, housing, legal services, health, and other programs.
11. Much more…
Process to become a
Yes, you have what it takes to become a Foster Parent
Background check (LIVESCAN)
Family interview (SAFE Home Study)
Pre-Service Training (PRIDE)
CPR / First Aid
Steps 1-6 may be completed in the comfort of your home. We can come to you!
Knotts Family Agency provides support every step of the way to ensure you are successful.
1. Age: Must be at least 21 years of age
2. Background: Must have no criminal history that will prevent you from being a foster parent.
3. Driver’s license: Possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
4. Income: No minimum income requirements but parents must be able to financially manage their own expenses.
5. Bedroom: At least one extra bedroom in your home (which may be rented or owned).